Search continues for Gorleston woman missing for more than 28 hours
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A missing woman from Gorleston is yet to be found more than 28 hours after she was last seen.
Sophie Smith, 21, went missing from her home in Avondale Road in Gorleston at about 3am on Boxing Day (Tuesday).
Police said she was believed to have been wearing a onesie with a blue Puffa style jacket.
But despite a nine-hour extensive search involving police, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat and Lowland Search and Rescue, Miss Smith - who is belived to be a University of East Anglia student (UEA) - is yet to be found.
Norfolk Police's Inspector Lou Provart said this morning that searches had been ongoing overnight, and would continue today.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue tweeted to say they were assisting for a second day.
Yesterday, the lifeboat searched the shoreline north towards Caister and then south towards Gorleston, but were stood down by the Coastguard after an hour.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
A spokesman for the RNLI said this was due to new information received by the authorities.
Police said they were concerned for Miss Smith's welfare asked the public or anyone who may have information about her whereabouts, or anyone who might have seen her, to contact Norfolk Police on 101.