Search continues for Gorleston woman missing for more than 28 hours
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A missing woman from Gorleston is yet to be found more than 28 hours after she was last seen.
Sophie Smith, 21, went missing from her home in Avondale Road in Gorleston at about 3am on Boxing Day (Tuesday).
Police said she was believed to have been wearing a onesie with a blue Puffa style jacket.
But despite a nine-hour extensive search involving police, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat and Lowland Search and Rescue, Miss Smith - who is belived to be a University of East Anglia student (UEA) - is yet to be found.
Norfolk Police's Inspector Lou Provart said this morning that searches had been ongoing overnight, and would continue today.
Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue tweeted to say they were assisting for a second day.
Yesterday, the lifeboat searched the shoreline north towards Caister and then south towards Gorleston, but were stood down by the Coastguard after an hour.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
A spokesman for the RNLI said this was due to new information received by the authorities.
Police said they were concerned for Miss Smith's welfare asked the public or anyone who may have information about her whereabouts, or anyone who might have seen her, to contact Norfolk Police on 101.