Scout group donates £160 to Wing and Prayer charity with the help of Father Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk scout group has raised money for a local bird charity with the help of Father Christmas.
The 1st Horsford and St Faiths Scout Group helped the bearded man on his annual tour of the village in December, where a collection for three different charities was made.
And now the group have donated £160 to Wing and a Prayer, a wild bird and owl rehabilitation centre based in Stratton Strawless.
The charity takes in over 700 birds a year and on Monday the cub section of the group met with volunteers from the charity to present the cheque.
The volunteers also gave a presentation and the children got the chance to meet Rik - a hand-tame southern white faced owl.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening, group scout leader Mike Gleeson presented the cheque.
The money will help with the upcoming baby season.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 5 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 6 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 7 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 8 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 9 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
- 10 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods