Scotty’s Little Soldiers charity partner for King’s Lynn Mini Gear
- Credit: Ian Burt
A King's Lynn-based charity for armed forces families will benefit from this year's Grand East Anglia Run in the town.
Scotty's Little Soldiers, which supports more than 300 children who have lost a parent who was serving in the military, is the official charity partner of the Mini GEAR - a 1.2k family run which takes place before the main 10k event gets under way.
Race organisers Run For All have 150 free school places to give away. Each school can apply for up to 10. Any schools interested should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year's event takes place on Sunday, May 6. From the start/finishing line on the Tuesday Market Place, the main 10k route takes in Lynn's historic quarter, Ouse waterfront and The Walks.
Other charity partners include the Jane Tomlinson Appeal, West Norfolk Mind, and Norfolk-based Big C.
You may also want to watch:
This year's event also sees the return of the Bespak Corporate Challenge, where firms can enter teams of five or more.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area