Science Museum judges visit Norwich landmark which could host Tim Peake’s Soyuz capsule
- Credit: Archant
Top judges visited a Norwich landmark which is in the running to host a space exploration icon.
The scoping mission to The Forum was carried out by a delegation from the Science Museum Group.
It was part of the judging process in the national competition to host Tim Peake's Soyuz TMA-19M capsule.
The Soyuz capsule will go on public display at eight venues across the UK and if chosen, The Forum will be one of the lucky locations.
If successful, it will be on show at this year's Science Festival during October half-term.
You may also want to watch:
The Soyuz spacecraft was used for Mr Peake's Principia mission and the national tour aims to inspire future generations of space scientists across the country.
As well as the capsule, the display will include a virtual reality adventure which places visitors right at the heart of Mr Peake's journey from the International Space Station back to Earth.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list