Sci-fi convention set to land in Norwich next month
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Science fiction fans are going to be transported to a galaxy far, far away when a TV, film and comic convention lands in Norwich later this year.
Tim Russ from Star Trek Voyager, Jon Campling and Louis Cordice from the Harry Potter series and Ryan Gage from The Hobbit will be helping to bring NOR-CON to life at the Norfolk Showground.
Shane Rimmer and Matt Zimmerman, the voices of Scott Tracy and Alan Tracy in Thunderbirds, are also among the names signed up to the event which takes place next month.
The annual science fiction spectacular, which started in 2009, has moved to the Norfolk Showground and was last year extended from a one day event to a two day show.
Mark Dean, director of Nor-Con Events Limited, said fans can once again look forward to a two day spectacular, which takes place between Saturday, September 29 and Sunday, September 30, with something for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'As ever, we bring you some of the stars of TV and film and this year, all the way from Los Angeles we are bringing you Star Trek Voyagers very own Vulcan officer 'Tuvok', played by actor Tim Russ.
'Ryan Gage will also be in the line-up, Ryan played Alfrid Lickspittle alongside Norfolk's very own Stephen Fry in The Hobbit movies. Tim and other guests will be available for autographs, photoshoots and stage chats over the weekend.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
There will also be a Cosplay competition and traders on hand at NOR-CON which this year will be supporting East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH).
Log onto www.nor-con.co.uk for tickets or more information.