Schoolgirl Rebecca Cotterill sets off on Peddars Way challenge for Swaffham school
- Credit: Ian Burt
A 12-year-old from Swaffham has set off on a 47-mile challenge to raise money for her school.
Rebecca Cotterill, a year 7 student at Sacred Heart School in the town, aims to run and/or walk the entire distance of Norfolk's long distance trail, the Peddars Way, non-stop in under 20 hours.
The campaign is being called 47-4-47 in the hope that by travelling 47 miles she can raise £4700 or more to help update the school's ICT suite.
Rebecca and her family are keen walkers, but this is her first ultra distance. She will be accompanied by her dad (a seasoned ultra runner), and will be met along the route at various checkpoints for provisions and encouragement by friends and family.
A number of other sponsored events are being undertaken by pupils to support the fund including walking laps of the school field.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her challenge visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rebecca-cotterill
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash