Schoolboy cyclist injured after collision with van in Costessey
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A schoolboy was left with a fractured hand after a collision with a van.
Police said the van driver may have been unaware that their vehicle had been involved in a collision.
The incident happened on Thursday, September 22, at about 7.45am on Norwich Road, in Costessey, as a cyclist and van travelled from Town House Road.
A grey van towing a metal trailer was involved in a collision with a cyclist as the vehicle overtook the bike on the approach to the bridge.
The cyclist, a schoolboy, whose age has not been released, fell off his bike, and later went to hospital where he received treatment for a fractured hand.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the grey van is believed to be a panel van and had ladders on the roof,
Officers have appealed for witnesses, and are also keen to trace the driver of a red car which was travelling behind the van who is thought to have witnessed the incident and may hold important information.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
Anyone with information should contact PC Wendy Frary at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.