Warning as bogus insulation firm charges up to £9000 for inspections
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Officials have warned householders to be alert following a spate of scam insulation phone calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards officers have urged people to beware the "bogus calls" from a company claiming to "investigate unsafe insulation".
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "Beware of bogus calls from a company asking to come and inspect recently installed insulation.
"We have received a number of reports from Suffolk residents who have had telephone calls from a company who sometimes claim to be working on behalf of Trading Standards.
"They state that they are helping to be investigate unsafe insulation, and the installation of insulation by cowboy firms.
"This is false!
"Residents have then had visits from individuals who 'inspect' the insulation and claim it is unsafe and that it needs to be removed, and replaced.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
"This they are able to do at a cost - reportedly between £5000 and £9000."
If you have any concerns about a company that has contacted you, call Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133.