‘This information is false’: Warning issued over scam calls
- Credit: Archant
Householders are being warned following a spate of scam calls about loft insulation.
Suffolk Trading Standards officers has issued the warning after reports of scam calls to residents from a trader stating that their loft insulation "may not meet" new Government regulations.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards' Facebook page said: "Beware of scam calls about your loft insulation.??
"We have received reports of calls to residents from a trader stating that their loft insulation may not meet new Government regulations, and as such, may be causing damp.
"The caller then goes on to offer a free survey of the loft, and attempts to make an appointment.
You may also want to watch:
"This information is false.
"Always be wary of any approach made in a telephone cold call. Never give or confirm any personal details, or agree to someone visiting your home, if approached in this manner."
A similar warning was issued to Norfolk residents last week.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
If you need advice, contact the Citizens Advice via the consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.