Children and the elderly to receive extra gift from Santa
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Children and elderly people in a Norfolk village will be able to receive an extra gift from Santa and his elves this festive season.
All Sporle Primary School children under the age of 12 as well as elderly residents will be filled with Christmas cheer this year as Father Christmas delivers them a present.
Charlotte Axtell, who works in the village’s post office, came up with the idea after seeing and hearing of people feeling low due to the current lockdown.
“I was sat at home and was speaking to the parents at the school and they were all feeling sad due to the year we have had,” she said.
“I thought It would be really nice to do something. Lots of the local businesses have come forward to help us create something really special this year.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s so nice to give back to the community.”
Santa complete with his sleigh and elves will be coming to Sporle on December 12 at 4.30pm.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
To make sure your child or elderly resident receives a gift, message your road name to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07948235816.