Salhouse mum to run London marathon for charity which helps her daughter
- Credit: Archant
A Salhouse mum is preparing to run the London Marathon for a charity which helps her daughter.
Laura Moorhouse, 35, of Wood Green, Salhouse, is running the 26.2-mile race on Sunday, April 21 to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, because her daughter suffers from the condition. Ruby, who is now seven years old, and is in year three at Salhouse Primary School, was born with the disease.
Mrs Moorhouse, a service designer, and her husband, Peter, 43, have taken part in a string of charity evenings, including a skydive, climbed Ben Nevis and cycled from London to Paris, which have raised more than £15,000 for the trust.
Mrs Moorhouse, who belongs to Norwich Road Runners, said: 'Ruby has to do lots of treatment every day including taking tablets with everything she eats and doing physiotherapy twice a day to keep her lungs clear.
'Only half of those with CF will live past their 41st birthday so we desperately need to raise more money to fund research into CF. If I can inspire even one person to join me and fundraise for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust I'll be thrilled.'
You may also want to watch:
Cystic fibrosis is one of the UK's most common, life-threatening inherited diseases for which there is presently no cure.
'This is my first marathon and I am hoping that anyone in Norfolk who has been lucky enough to get a ballot place in next year's marathon will consider using it to run for my cause.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
Money raised by Virgin London Marathon runners will help fund research into treating and curing the condition.
It will also help provide support, advice and appropriate clinical care to more than 9,300 babies, children and young adults living with Cystic Fibrosis in the UK.
You can sponsor Laura at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LauraMoorhouse
If you have a place in the marathon and would like to join Team CF, contact the Events Team on 0300 373 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you running a marathon for charity? Contact Lucy Wright on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com