Sainsbury’s deal for Hingham-based EQ8 energy drink
EQ8 has clinched a deal which will see its energy drink stocked in Sainsbury's.
The Hingham-based company –owned by entre-preneur Tony Fernandes – said the deal was a significant stage in its development.
It comes after selected Morrisons as well as leading independent shops nationwide have stocked the drink.
EQ8 is part of a group which includes Caterham F1 Team, QPR Football Club, Air Asia, Tune Group and Caterham Cars.
Mr Fernandes said he was delighted with the move into Sainsbury's and welcomed the opportunity to grow in the expanding and innovative sector.
He said: 'There have been a lot of new product entrants recently, many from the largest players in the soft drinks sector, so it's becoming a really interesting place to be competing in.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 5 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 6 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000