Norwich location features in hit Avengers: Infinity War film
- Credit: Marvel Studios/Chuck Zlotnick
The Avengers have assembled once more for an epic superhero movie that has been 10 years in the making - and an iconic Norwich location features in the film.
Avengers: Infinity War was released in cinemas on April 26 and over the weekend broke several global records, including biggest worldwide opening of all time and biggest superhero opening of all time.
Directed by the Russo brothers, the film is an ambitious superhero crossover, that brings together the likes of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Spider Man as well as The Guardians of The Galaxy and more.
As well as an abundance of comic book favourites, the blockbuster also features a blink and you'll miss it appearance from The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
The art gallery located at the University of East Anglia, was used as the Avengers HQ in the second Avengers movie, Age of Ultron in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Filming took place over summer 2014, when students at the university were asked to be extras in the film.
Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth all appeared on campus during filming.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
The Sainsbury Centre tweeted: 'The Sainbusry Centre appears in the new Avengers: Infinity War film. See if you can spot us! Reprising its role from Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man Homecoming.'
• Did you spot the Sainsbury Centre in the movie? Let us know in the comments below.