Sail above the clouds at Norfolk Gliding Club’s open day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Most people have been on a plane but how many have had the thrill of gliding?
Norfolk Gliding Club is giving people that opportunity at an open day on Monday August 28 from 2pm till 8pm.
There is two types of flights on offer. A winch launch, which is a large engine with a cable pulls a glider into the air at high speeds, for £20.00 which lasts around 10 minutes.
And an aerotow launch, where the glider is towed into the air by a tug plane This achieves a higher altitude, and lasts around 20 minutes for £45.00.
There will be refreshments available all day at the club house.
You may also want to watch:
The flight includes a full briefing of the aircraft and costumers will be flown by experienced instructors
Tickets are available at www.norfolkglidingclub.com/openday
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 9 Couple launch new park café after market success
- 10 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home