Saddle up and be part of a popular community event
- Credit: Archant
Women are being encouraged to saddle up to support local good causes.
The annual Women on Wheels event will take place on July 2 in Southwold and aims to encourage women to enjoy cycling and bring the community together.
Cyclists can choose from a seven, 18 or 30-mile route with registration fees of £5 for the shortest distance and £10 for the other two.
All profits from the female-only ride go to the Southwold Sole Bay Lions charitable organisation.
Eight to 16-year-olds can take part for free when accompanied by an adult.
Registration will open this month by picking up a registration form from Barbrook's Stores in Reydon, Southwold Post Office or Southwold Library. They can be returned with cash or a cheque to Southwold Town Hall. Cycle helmets must be worn and bikes must be roadworthy. All routes will depart from the William Godell Sports Pavilion on Southwold Common.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'