Actor Russell Crowe wants to know where he can watch Norwich play Leeds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Hollywood star Russell Crowe will be watching Norwich City's upcoming clash with Leeds this weekend - so long as he can find a pub showing the game.
The 54-year-old - famed for his roles in Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind - asked on Twitter if there was a bar or pub screening the match.
On Saturday, February 2, The Canaries be travelling to Elland Road to take on Leeds United, who currently sit three points ahead at the top of the EFL Championship.
In a tweet, Mr Crowe said: 'Hey English football fans in NY/LI is the Leeds v Norwich game on tv? What channel? Is there a pub or bar that you know of that will screen the game?'
The Oscar-winning actor has previously revealed he is a Leeds fan, despite being born in New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
In an interview in 2017 he said: 'When I was a kid in Sydney, after playing sport on a Saturday morning, there was Match Of The Day on TV.
'In the early 1970s Leeds was a dominant team and they were featured every other week [this was when MOTD was literally one match from that day, not a collective highlights reel]; So I chose Leeds as my team.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
In response to Mr Crowe's Twitter post, the official Norwich City FC account said: 'Give @RealHughJackman a shout, Russell. He may be able to recommend somewhere!'
Australian-born Hollywood star Hugh Jackman is a Norwich City fan and has links to Norfolk through his mother who lived in the county.