Rush hour crash between motorbike and car closes Dereham Road in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Road in Norwich has reopened following an earlier crash between a car and motorbike.
The road was blocked off by police at around 6pm following reports of an accident near to the Nelson Street junction.
The crash was between a Volkswagen Golf and a red Honda 125cc bike.
Police said the bike's rider, who is in his early 20s, was injured and was treated by paramedics at the scene.
It took more than an hour for an ambulance to arrive.
The injuries are currently unknown but are not thought to be serious.
Any witnesses to the incident should call 101 and ask for PC 667 Chambers.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 6 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police