Runners from region hope to raise funds for air ambulance
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Several people from Norfolk and Suffolk are set to run the London Marathon to raise funds for the region's air ambulance.
For some of the runners this will be their first marathon, and they are hoping to raise plenty of money towards the East Anglian Air Ambulance - as well as completing the race.
Runners from the region who are taking part to help the charity are: Jessica Vincent, of Great Yarmouth; Darren Walsgrove, of Drayton; Gill Smith, of Watton; Daniella Occhionero, of Norwich; Jonathan Howes, of Norwich; Michael Cooper, of Newmarket; Martin Smith, of Haverhill; Jamie Parfitt, of Ipswich.
A total of 12 runners will be taking part in aid of the air ambulance at this year's event.
Five of them are 'gold bond' runners, who applied for their place at the marathon directly through the air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The marathon is held on April 23.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships