Runners from region hope to raise funds for air ambulance
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Several people from Norfolk and Suffolk are set to run the London Marathon to raise funds for the region's air ambulance.
For some of the runners this will be their first marathon, and they are hoping to raise plenty of money towards the East Anglian Air Ambulance - as well as completing the race.
Runners from the region who are taking part to help the charity are: Jessica Vincent, of Great Yarmouth; Darren Walsgrove, of Drayton; Gill Smith, of Watton; Daniella Occhionero, of Norwich; Jonathan Howes, of Norwich; Michael Cooper, of Newmarket; Martin Smith, of Haverhill; Jamie Parfitt, of Ipswich.
A total of 12 runners will be taking part in aid of the air ambulance at this year's event.
Five of them are 'gold bond' runners, who applied for their place at the marathon directly through the air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The marathon is held on April 23.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden