Run Norwich charities for 2017 revealed
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Three local causes will join organisers Norwich City Community Sports Foundation (CSF) as the new official Run Norwich charities for 2017.
SERV Norfolk, Norwich & Central Norfolk MIND and Big C were selected from a host of applicants for the third edition of the 10k road race and will each receive support to raise awareness of their vital work, as well as free places in Run Norwich for runners that wish to fundraise.
Jackie Thornton from CSF said: 'One of our main aims is to use Run Norwich to raise funds and awareness for local charities.
'We intend to select new charities each year to help as many different groups as possible to receive the support and exposure they may not get otherwise. As the first year was a big learning process, we kept the original charities on for two races and we're really proud of what we've achieved with each of them.'
About 600 people accepted official charity places for the 2016 event, which saw overall entries top 5,000 for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 6 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 7 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes