Run, it’s a zombie! Zombie Evacuation Race taking place today at Hockwold Hall near Thetford
- Credit: Archant
It is just about everyone's worst nightmare - being chased by blood-curdling zombies.
But that is exactly what is happening today to people at Hockwold Hall near Thetford, in a running event with a twist.
Zombie Evacuation Race was founded in the UK in 2012 and since then has since seen thousands of competitors, take part with races all over the UK.
People can sign up as either an evacuee - a runner - or one of the chasing zombies, with both having navvigate top secret obsctales along the 5km course.
Racers may also encounter dark abandoned buildings, belching smoke and 'corpses' in a zombie hospital along the way.
There may also be 'minefields' to get through and zombies often camouflage themselves, hiding in bushes then leaping out unexpectedly to ambush racers.
Aaron Murrell, UK race director of the Zombie Evacuation Race series, said: 'Our race motto is 'Only the fittest will survive' and Zombie Evacuation Races are not for the faint-hearted.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
'The thrill of dressing up as a zombie in full make-up, or else being chased by one, makes some people scream with excitement. Everyone should beware, the Zombie plague is spreading fast.'