Run, it’s a zombie! Zombie Evacuation Race taking place today at Hockwold Hall near Thetford
- Credit: Archant
It is just about everyone's worst nightmare - being chased by blood-curdling zombies.
But that is exactly what is happening today to people at Hockwold Hall near Thetford, in a running event with a twist.
Zombie Evacuation Race was founded in the UK in 2012 and since then has since seen thousands of competitors, take part with races all over the UK.
People can sign up as either an evacuee - a runner - or one of the chasing zombies, with both having navvigate top secret obsctales along the 5km course.
Racers may also encounter dark abandoned buildings, belching smoke and 'corpses' in a zombie hospital along the way.
You may also want to watch:
There may also be 'minefields' to get through and zombies often camouflage themselves, hiding in bushes then leaping out unexpectedly to ambush racers.
Aaron Murrell, UK race director of the Zombie Evacuation Race series, said: 'Our race motto is 'Only the fittest will survive' and Zombie Evacuation Races are not for the faint-hearted.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
'The thrill of dressing up as a zombie in full make-up, or else being chased by one, makes some people scream with excitement. Everyone should beware, the Zombie plague is spreading fast.'