Rumburgh Morris dancing group hoping to attract new members with open evening
A Morris dancing group is offering people an opportunity to sample their unique customs at an opening evening event.
Rumburgh Morris dance, which meets at St Margaret South Elmham village hall, is inviting non-members to come along and give the traditional activity a go next week.
The group is celebrating its 10th anniversary year and is looking for more people to share their traditions and customs with.
As well as new dancers, the group is hoping to attract traditional singers and musicians to join in the fun, as well as social members who may not necessarily wish to perform.
A group spokesman said: 'You'll find we are a very light-hearted and friendly bunch, and we hope you'd all join us for a drink at the Rumburgh Buck afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
The opening evening will be held at St Margaret South Elmham village hall from 7.30pm on Tuesday, October 24. Adults only.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting