Royal VIP to visit this year’s Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: PA
The Royal Norfolk Show will have a royal president in attendance tomorrow - following in the footsteps of her husband.
Sophie, Countess of Wessex, will be in attendance at the annual county showcase on Wednesday, June 26.
She will be taking on the role fulfilled by her husband Prince Edward in 2014, who was the show's last royal president.
While in attendance she is expected to carry out a packed programme of visits and presentations across the showground.
Greg Smith, chief executive of show organisers the Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association (RNAA), said: "We are very honoured to have The Countess of Wessex as our president for 2019.
You may also want to watch:
"Her Royal Highness already has a strong association with agricultural shows and is currently patron of the Association of Show and Agricultural Organisations, so I know she is very much looking forward to finding out more and supporting the work we undertake in the county."
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church