Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Busy start for food and drink stands
- Credit: Archant
The Adnams Food and Drink Experience was one of the busiest attractions on day one of the Royal Norfolk Show as a soaking rain fell over the showground.
Visitors crammed into the undercover area from early on as they sought refuge from the wet weather.
One of the busiest stands was Express Coffee where a long line of people had formed waiting for a hot drink.
Kate Lyons of pudd'Eng said it was their first time at the show and early indications were good.
'We've been busy and a lot of people have been tasting our puddings so far. This is our first time and we're really enjoying being here.'
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Archer of Archers Butchers said the rain had played into their hands.
'A lot of people are here to get out of the rain which is great for those of us who have stands as it is really busy,' he said.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
'We've done the show a few times and we're expecting another successful two days.
'We'll be taking part in a few demonstrations on the Art of Butchery stand.'