Growing concerns for missing 81-year-old Wangford man Roy Beckett, who left home with his walking aids and is said to be at ‘high risk’
- Credit: Archant
Fears are growing for the safety of an elderly man who went missing from his home without his walking aids and is said to be at 'high risk'.
A police helicopter and lowland search and rescue teams have joined the effort to trace 81-year-old Roy Beckett, saying: 'The circumstances in which he left have raised serious concerns with his family.'
Mr Beckett has been missing from his home address in Wangford, near Beccles, since 2.30pm on Wednesday, January 3.
He is described as a white male, 5ft 11in tall with grey hair, medium build, wearing metal rimmed glasses and a navy blue puffa anorak with hood and underneath a green pullover.
He will walk with a shuffle, as has failed to take his walking aids with him.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are making enquiries in the Wangford area, with assistance of an NPAS helicopter and Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue teams, where they believe Mr Beckett to be.
However they are growing in concern for him due to his age and medical history.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
Officers are appealing for sightings of Roy to be reported by calling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference number 392 of January 3.