Norfolk youngster wins competition to create a new pizza for PizzaExpress
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk youngster has been named the winner of competition to design a new pizza for PizzaExpress.
She may only be six years old but Rosie Marsh from King's Lynn has shown she has a future in the kitchen after winning PizzaExpress' Create Your Own Pizza competition with a design inspired by her mum's recipe for chicken pie.
Inviting budding pizza chefs to come up with a new flavour of pizza, the Create Your Own Pizza competition saw budding pizza chefs choose four ingredients from a selection of a possible 20 to create a new and unique pizza.
Receiving thousands of entries, the recipes were then judged by a panel of PizzaExpress experts, who, after much deliberation, chose Rosie's idea as the winning design.
Featuring mozzarella, béchamel sauce, chicken and olives, Rosie's recipe will now be turned into a La Rosie, which will feature on the Piccolo menu of all 470 of PizzaExpress' pizzerias this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie's mum, Clare Timpson, whose chicken pie the recipe was based on said: "Rosie is just so excited to see her pizza on menus later this year and I am so touched she based her creation on my chicken pie.
"We can't wait to see all of our friends and family enjoy it for themselves!"
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
Jane Treasure, food and beverage director at PizzaExpress said: "We're constantly innovating to create new additions for the Piccolo menu - and what better way to do this than by asking our Piccolo superfans themselves.
"It was fantastic to receive so many entries and the competition was extremely high - though the prize goes to "La Rosie", for its taste profile, presentation and of course a wonderful backstory!"