Woman to cycle more than 100km in memory of best friend
- Credit: Rosie Fox-Elliott
A 52-year-old woman is cycling more than 100km through London in memory of her best friend.
Rosie Fox-Elliott will be participating in Ride The Night 2018 on May 26, an event that fundraises for breast, cervical and ovarian cancer charities.
Miss Fox-Elliott, from Wymondham, will cycle from Windsor Castle Racecourse through London past Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace.
She said: 'It's in memory of my best friend Karen Stone, who died of breast cancer in 2016 aged 48.
'Karen used to love
You may also want to watch:
London, I just think it's the most fitting thing I could do. I'm not an experienced cyclist but I've been out training since January. What's nice is Karen's son is coming to support me.'
Miss Fox-Elliott has received support from, amongst others, The Green Dragon and Wymondham Town FC.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 6 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 7 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes