Norwich pub to hold pie and porter festival
- Credit: Archant
A pub and pie shop are joining forces for a winter beer festival.
The Rose Inn on Queens Road and Flaming Galah's Aussie Pie Stop on Ber Stret are holding a pie and porter festival at the pub from February 14-17.
Porters are dark beers and they will be served alongside stouts and pies.
The festival is also part of the CAMRA Great British Beer Festival Winter Fringe Festival which runs until February 24.
The fringe incorporates events at Norwich pubs which celebrate ales and beers.
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Hopkins, Rose Inn landlady, said: 'Pies and porters are a wonderful combination and we are lucky to have a superb pie shop on our doorstep. Callum from Flaming Galah's has come up with some amazing recipes.'
The pie and porter festival starts at 4pm on February 14 and a pie and porter pass is available for £20 for five beers plus a pie.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
For more of what's happening around Norfolk this year, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out