Rollesby woman Amanda Spooner hopes to clean up at charity walk dressed as womble for Wet Nose Day
- Credit: supplied by Amanda Spooner
A Rollesby woman is challenging herself to walk 20 miles in one go - dressed as a womble.
Amanda Spooner will give the crowd watching in Wimbledon on September 10 (Sunday) something to applaud, but wearing the character costume is set to add to the difficulty.
Mrs Spooner is raising money for Wet Nose Animal Aid which stages an annual fundraising event similar to Comic Relief but for animals.
This week the 48-year-old donned the furry outfit and tested it on a treadmill for comfort and weight.
The animal lover who last year raised £650 for Foxy Lodge in Hemsby is also organising a swimathon at Broadlands Sports Club in Fleggburgh on September 30.
You may also want to watch:
She said completing the walk as Orinoco would be a major feat, having never walked that far before.
The swimathon is aimed mainly at children who will be challenged to do widths or lengths in a certain time.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 9 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
She said: 'This is for all abilities and ages. Even little ones with woggles can enter and get sponsored by width, rather than length. The ones with more ability will be in a different time slot and do laned lengths of the pool.
'Every participant will receive a medal and certificate of participation for supporting Wet Nose Day.
'There will also be trophies given to the biggest fundraiser in both the junior and senior classes. All sponsor and entry forms can be picket up at Broadlands Sports club.'
To support Mrs Spooner on her Walk4Wildlife click here.To find our more call 01493 740470, 07990846447 or email email@example.com.