Village raises more than £2,000 for EACH
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A village has raised more than £2,000 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Villagers of Rockland St Mary raised £2,100 at a family fun day to celebrate Norfolk Day.
The event was organised by Wally, Lorraine and Luke Mason, plus landlord of The New Inn, Terry Webb.
It featured a demonstration of traditional reed cutting from Mr W Mason. An experienced hand at what was a common sight on the Norfolk Broads for decades before changes in technology.
There was also live music and a variety of stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Jenkins, EACH Norfolk community fundraiser, said: 'We're delighted to have benefited from what was obviously a special day in celebrating a great tradition of this wonderful county.
'Money raised will be going towards the nook appeal. The total is over £8 million and we're really hoping that, with the continued support of communities like this one.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler