Rocking way to raise money for charity at Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Sheringham Primary School took to the stage in aid of Children in Need today, in a Stars in Their Eyes-style rock concert featuring acts ranging from Taylor Swift to One Direction.
An appreciative audience of youngsters dressed as cartoon characters, superheroes and sporting stars screamed and cheered as their teachers gave renditions of songs including Katy Perry's Firework and Mamma Mia, by Swedish supergroup Abba.
The show was organised by Year 4 teacher Ingrid Stocker, who donned a white catsuit and wig to appear on stage as Abba's Agnetha Faltskog.
'We wanted to do something a little bit different so decided to ask pupils to come dressed as their heroes,' Mrs Stocker said. 'And I think the fantastic response we have had just goes to show what a caring community school we are.'
Pupils, whose costumes ranged from Spiderman, Batman and Wolverine, to police officers and Disney princesses, were asked to donate a £1 each.
You may also want to watch:
'We raised £430, which is brilliant,' Mrs Stocker said. 'Children in Need is something that is close to our pupils' hearts and I think they were really pleased to know that they were helping other children less fortunate than themselves.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show