Robber knocks 80-year-old woman over
An 80-year-old woman was left shaken and bruised after a robber pushed her to the floor and stole her handbag in Downham Market.
An 80-year-old woman was left shaken and bruised after a robber pushed her to the floor and stole her handbag.
Police say the attack happened at the victim's home in Bexwell Road, Downham Market, on Monday afternoon.
A man came to the door at around 3pm claiming he was a police officer investigating a burglary in the area.
When the pensioner challenged him, he knocked her to the floor, forcing his way into the property, before grabbing her handbag and making off with it.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Ian Young, who is investigating the robbery, said: “she is very upset by the ordeal.” He said her attacker was a white male, aged between 22 and 25-years-old.
He is believed to have been wearing a dark-coloured bliuson jacket with the word LOCO on a breast pocket.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
Police say a genuine officer should produce a valid picture warrant card as proof of identity and would be happy to wait outside whilst you confirm their identification with the police control room on 0845 456 4567.
Anyone who may have information on this incident should contact DC Ian Young at Downham Market Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.