Road closures planned on A47, A11 and A14 this week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Resurfacing, repair work and investigations will see roads closed across the region over the coming week.
Highways England has released a summary of work across from today until Sunday, February 25.
The A11 southbound, from Attleborough to Thetford, will close from 8pm to 6am for four nights from Tuesday, February 20.
It will close between the Stag roundabout to the A1075 roundabout at Thetford for resurfacing.
And from Barton Mills to Thetford, road marking renewal will continue from Monday. The road will close on weeknights between 8pm and 6am.
You may also want to watch:
Work to clear vegetation along the A14 verges westbound between Felixstowe and Newmarket will continue during the week. Lane closures will be in place from 8pm to 6am.
There will also be several closures along the A47.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
? At Lingwood, investigations of the road surface between Acle roundabout and the Cucumber roundabout at Brundall will begin on Monday, February 19. It will last four nights, from 8pm to 6am, closing the road.
? Resurfacing between Castle Acre Road and Norwich Road at Swaffham will close the A47 from 8pm to 6am on weeknights.
? Several 24-hour restrictions will be in place in Gorleston as work to upgrade traffic lights and install new signage on the Lowestoft Road continues.
? Work to remove and replace the safety barrier along the A47 at Hopton will take place until Friday, March 2, between 8pm to 6am on weeknights.
? Road sign replacement along the road at Halvergate will take place on weekends until Saturday, February 25, between 7am and 10 am on Saturdays and 7am and 11am on Sundays.
? Lane closures will be in place from 8pm to 6am on weeknights, as well as some full road closures, between Swaffham and Dereham until Friday, March 9.
? Work on the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass, between Longwater to the A47/A11 roundabout will take place until Thursday, March 1 between 8pm and 6am on weekdays.