Roadworks in Fritton for new lake resort
Work will begin on the A143 in Fritton, near Great Yarmouth, on March 13 to construct a right turn lane access for the planned Fritton Lake Resort.
The Norfolk County Council work will take about five weeks to complete.
These works are being delivered on behalf of the Fritton Lake Resort and are necessary to fulfil planning conditions placed upon the site.
To safely construct the new junction it will be necessary to erect temporary two-way signals to control traffic. Due to the site constraints it will be necessary to close the A143 Beccles Road during the carriageway resurfacing element.
To keep disruption to a minimum, the closure will be overnight between the hours of 7pm and 6am and has been arranged for April 13, 18, 19 and 20.
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion route will be set up during the closure.
The council has apologised for any inconvenience caused.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack