Roadworks in Fritton for new lake resort
Work will begin on the A143 in Fritton, near Great Yarmouth, on March 13 to construct a right turn lane access for the planned Fritton Lake Resort.
The Norfolk County Council work will take about five weeks to complete.
These works are being delivered on behalf of the Fritton Lake Resort and are necessary to fulfil planning conditions placed upon the site.
To safely construct the new junction it will be necessary to erect temporary two-way signals to control traffic. Due to the site constraints it will be necessary to close the A143 Beccles Road during the carriageway resurfacing element.
To keep disruption to a minimum, the closure will be overnight between the hours of 7pm and 6am and has been arranged for April 13, 18, 19 and 20.
A signed diversion route will be set up during the closure.
The council has apologised for any inconvenience caused.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Inquest into death of much-loved healthcare assistant