Weather delays work on A47 at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East means delays on the A47 until May at least.
Diversions are in place at the Saddlebow Interchange, on the southern outskirts of King's Lynn, while repairs are carried out to two bridges.
The crossings were damaged when they were hit by a digger which was being carried on the back of a lorry.
Officials expected the work, which includes some overnight and weekend closures of the Lynn southern bypass between the Pullover and Hardwick roundabouts, would be completed by early April.
But Highways England spokesman Jack Tapp said: 'The guys were working at the start of the week but they haven't been as the weather's deteriorated.
You may also want to watch:
'The latest completion date is due to be the beginning of May. There was an unexpected crack found on the west bridge which needs further repair work.'
The delay means work will be carried out over the Easter weekend.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village