Roadworks costing £20,000 will close busy route for two days
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A busy road connecting Great Yarmouth and Cromer will be closed for two days for essential works.
The work, which will cost £20,000, will start on Monday, October 14 to carry out road repairs on the A149 Yarmouth Road at Dilham.
Work will take two days to complete subject to suitable weather conditions, at the site located between The Crown PH and the junction with The Street.
Norfolk County Council said: "To carry out the work safely it will be necessary to close A149 Yarmouth Road to all through traffic at this location during the work.
"Fully signed official diversion routes will be in place while surfacing works are in progress.
You may also want to watch:
"The county council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing damaged road surface are carried out."
Vehicle access to businesses and homes within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
To minimise disruption the work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors between 9am and 4pm.