Roads to be closed in Forncett St Peter
Work to carry out essential maintenance work on two roads in Forncett St Peter will take place next month.
The proposed work involves reconstructing the existing footway, replacing existing kerbs and installing edgings on Tabernacle Lane and the alleviation of surface water drainage problems on Long Stratton Road
It is anticipated that the £50,000 works will take about six weeks to complete and the project is due to start on Monday, November 10.
Norfolk County Council says that due to the construction work involved and to maintain a safe working environment and protect the public it will be necessary to close both Tabernacle Lane and Long Stratton Road for the full duration of the works.
The closure will be in force 24 hours per day from November 10 to December 19.
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion route will be in place during the closure and access to properties within the works will be maintained at all times.
A council spokesman said: 'Norfolk County Council recognises that the closures of Tabernacle Lane and Long Stratton Road may cause some disruption and inconvenience. The council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.'
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'