Road closures ahead of Battle of Britain parade in Norwich
- Credit: copyright Archant Photographic 2
A number of roads will be closed in Norwich today as the city hosts its Battle of Britain parade and the Freedom of the City.
At 11.30am the Battle of Britain parade will be opened with a parade from RAF Marham accompanied by The Band of the Royal Air Force College in front of City Hall.
St. Peters Street and Bethel Street, from where it joins St. Peters Street, up to Little Bethel Street will be closed from 7am until 1pm.
There is no loading or parking on St. Giles from where it joins St. Peters Street up to St. Giles multi-storey car park from 7am until 1pm and vehicles leaving St. Giles Carpark will be directed down Upper Goat Lane.
Visitors to City Hall will not be able to use the main entrance from 11am until 12:15pm and should use the side entrance on Bethel Street.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a flypast by a Spitfire over City Hall at midday.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 7 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man