Road closed after air ambulance lands at crash in Costessey
- Credit: James Bass
A road was closed in Norwich yesterday evening after what is thought to be a serious crash.
The air ambulance was seen to land close to the junction of Norwich Road and Town House Road, in Costessey.
It is not yet clear how many vehicles were involved, or the extent of any injuries.
Norwich Road was closed and traffic could not pass.
Two fire crews from Earlham and Sprowston rushed to the scene, where they released one person using air bags and gave manual assistance.
You may also want to watch:
They also made the vehicle and surrounding area safe.
More to follow.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof