Road clear after deer partially blocks A47 Acle Straight
- Credit: IAN BURT
Traffic is returning to normal after a deer blocked the A47 Acle Straight this morning.
There was heavy traffic coastbound between the Halvergate turning and the Vauxhall roundabout because of the animal, which was hit by a vehicle.
Norfolk police sent a message from their Twitter account at about 7.35am warning drivers there may be delays.
The tweet said: '#A47 Acle police on route to highjway obstruction please be aware of possible delays #norfolkroads'
A spokesperson for the force said that the road has now been cleared.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Plans to turn village's last pub into house rejected
- 2 New facilities open up Norwich river for paddle boards and canoes
- 3 Magpies chair praises "Norfolk community spirit" amid continuing hardship
- 4 Five things you need to lead the way in 2020
- 5 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
- 6 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 7 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 8 Brexit Blog: Brexit means changes to the rules on VAT – and that means more admin and confusion
- 9 Heavy traffic on main road following breakdown
- 10 Coast path's 33-mile revamp would open up new walking route