Riding high: Join Cromer skate park for its second birthday bash
- Credit: Archant
Cromer skate park is set to celebrate its second birthday - just months after being threatened with closure.
BMX, scooter and skateboard competitions are being held at a family fun day and picnic at Meadow Park on Saturday, June 17, from noon until 4pm.
The new committee has organised the event to the celebrate the facility after stepping in to save it following an appeal for more volunteers.
There will also be exhibition riders, stalls, live music and a barbecue. All ages are welcome.
Local councillor Tim Adams, who organised the public meeting to put together the new skatepark committee, said: 'Our aim with this isn't to generate loads of money, but to have a great day really.
You may also want to watch:
'When I go up there it's always absolutely packed, especially over the weekends and, when the weather's better. we have a lot of young and older teenagers up there and it's important to have their space to skate and to socialise.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy