Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- Credit: Inspiration Trust
A Norfolk teenager has been offered a guaranteed spot at one of the UK's most prestigious music schools.
Year 11 student Rhiannon Roberts, who goes to Hethersett Academy, has been given an unconditional place at Chetham's School of Music in Manchester after completing a series of tough video auditions.
Singer Rhiannon will follow in the footsteps of another Hethersett alumnus, cellist Amanda Gomez, who was also offered a spot at Chetham's.
She said: "I was handed the confirmation letter while out for a meal with the family on Christmas Eve, and was in total shock that Chetham’s had accepted me.
"Having gone through three auditions which involved aural tests, having to send four videos singing different genres and being asked lots of questions, they gave no indication if they were going to accept me.
"I am really looking forward to joining the vocal department and doing my music, drama and theatre A-levels at such a prestigious music school."
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 6 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?