Review: La Chiva Gantiva at the Adnams Spiegeltent
- Credit: Emma Knights
From the moment they burst onto the Adnams Spiegeltent stage La Chiva Gantiva had everyone up on their feet and dancing.
The Brussels-based group has band members hailing from across the globe - Colombia, Belgium, France and Vietnam - and their infectious, carnivalesque music is a heady cocktail of Afro-Colombian rhythms, rock, funk and more.
It was the perfect beat for an end of festival party - and the audience absolutely loved it.
The entire tent was buzzing from start to finish as the band rattled through their intoxicating tracks.
The band members - led by frontman Rafael Espinel - were clearly all giving 150pc and then some to their electric performance, and the audience returned the favour as they enthusiastically danced the night away.
You may also want to watch:
La Chiva Gantiva well and truly rocked the tent - a tremendous end to the late-night music programme in the Adnams Spiegeltent and a real highlight of this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks