Review: Food and service at celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s new Norwich restaurant are praised
The food at celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's new Norwich restaurant has been described as 'delicious'.
Rachel Whitaker, from Barnham Broom, was among the first customers of the new Jamie's Italian restaurant, in Royal Arcade, on its first day yesterday.
Ms Whitaker enjoyed a meal with her mother, Jean Whitaker, from Wells, who is pictured here enjoying a ravioli dish which included minted pea, asparagus and lemon which she described as 'a taste of summer'.
Rachel said: 'We hadn't booked but had heard on the radio in the morning that it was opening day and we were heading to the city to do some shopping. We arrived and were given a buzzer as we sat at the bar and had a drink.
'About five minutes later the buzzer went off and we were taken to our table. The service was impeccable, there was a real buzz about the place and my honeycomb cannelloni was also delicious.
You may also want to watch:
'We were very impressed and will be back!'
- Have you been among the first to eat at Jamie Oliver's new restaurant? Leave a comment below or send a more thorough review and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 7 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- For more information about the restaurant, and to see a photo gallery, click the links at the top-right of this page.