Return of soap box derby to Mundesley gives teams chance for glory
- Credit: Archant
Teams will be competing for racing glory in a north Norfolk coastal village, with the return of the soap box derby.
The event has gained popularity over the past couple of years and is back again on Saturday, July 1.
Last year's event took the seaside village of Mundesley by surprise when hundreds of supporters and enthusiasts flocked to see amazing three and four-wheeled speed machines being peddled and pushed down the High Street.
Over £1,000 was raised last year for charity, and Anna Hollis, one of the organisers, predicts an even more successful event this year.
Various teams, of all ages, compete for prizes with specially designed soap box wheelies taking part encouraged by the spectators during the fun-day, which starts at noon when the main village street is closed to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
For further details and to register contact Anna Hollis on 07799067872 or email email@example.com
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction