Restaurant ready to re-open on Unthank Road in Norwich
After more than six months with its doors closed, one of the most prominent restaurants in the Golden Triangle area of Norwich will reopen on Monday.
What was formerly 103 in Unthank Road is about to be opened as The Last Brasserie, run by the owners of Norwich's Last Wine Bar, in St George's Street, which has been running since 1990.
The previously successful brasserie closed down unexpectedly last December, just under two years after being opened by award-winning chefs Brendan Ansbro and Sam Hanison.
But new owners James Sawrey-Cookson, and Ecky Limon have given the place a major refurbishment, increased the number of tables and built a small bar.
Mr Sawrey-Cookson said: 'We are very excited to finally be opening the doors to the new Brasserie,' 'Unthank Road is the ideal location for our second Norwich restaurant, and we believe the informal but quality offering will be just right for the area.
'The Golden Triangle has a cosmopolitan mix of people. We have designed the Brasserie to reflect this mix, with a stylish interior with cream leather banquettes, as well as a number of tables outside for those sunny days.
'We can't wait to open our long-awaited venture in Unthank Road next Monday.'
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
Last Brasserie will be open from 8am until late, offering breakfast, coffee and cakes, lunch and dinner.
Chef Lewis Peck, currently at Last Wine Bar, is taking charge in the kitchen and will offer a mix of brasserie-style dishes, grills and plats du jour.