Residents urged to have their say on Eye Airfield future
Residents living near Eye Airfield are being urged to give their views and feedback in the final round of consultation on the future of the industrial site.
A development brief will act to ensure there is a structured and co-ordinated approach for future sustainable development – and that it meets the needs of current and future users and provides job opportunities for the surrounding rural area. The consultation ends on April 15.
Following previous consultations, the landscape strategy has been revised and suggestions included for a quiet zone for mixed use combining commercial activity with residential and live/work units.
Mid Suffolk council leader Tim Passmore said: 'Economic prosperity and growth in Mid Suffolk are at the top of our agenda. The development of the Eye Airfield, and its hinterland, is crucial to economic prosperity in the northern area of Mid Suffolk.'
'I would encourage everyone to have a look at what is being proposed and add in their feedback – this way we will end up with a significant development that we can all be proud of.'
Send comments by April 15 to Dawn.Easter@midsuffolk.gov.uk or Dawn Easter, Mid Suffolk District Council, 131 High Street Needham Market, Suffolk IP6 8DL.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'