Residents in Horsford wake up to Christmas Day power cut
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
People waking up in Horsford this morning were shocked to find they had no power on Christmas Day.
Jack Starr tweeted: 'Happy Christmas to the whole of Horsford that have been treated to a power cut.'
And Jo Clarke added: 'Sitting in the dark in Horsford on Christmas Day - power cut!! May not be having turkey today!!!!'
Around 1,300 homes and businesses were thought to be affected.
UK Power Networks said: 'We're investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which has caused a power cut in the local area.'
You may also want to watch:
They then tweeted to say they expected power to be back on between 9 - 10am, with some people reporting the fault to be fixed by 9.02am.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city