Reports of dog dying after eating contaminated fish on Norfolk beach spark warnings
PUBLISHED: 07:40 02 January 2018 | UPDATED: 14:03 17 January 2018
(c) copyright citizenside.com
Dog walkers have been warned to be careful with their pets after social media reports of a dog dying after eating a fish that had washed up on a north Norfolk beach.
The incident is understood to have occurred on the beach at Cley.
The Hunstanton Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI) encouraged people to share the warning from their Facebook and Twitter pages.
The post read: “Warning: there are reports of dead fish washing up along the north Norfolk coast.”
The RNLI also said that a dog had been taken to the vets just an hour after ingesting one of the fish.
They added: “Please keep a close eye on your dogs if you are enjoying a New Year’s Day beach stroll.”
The Norfolk Wildlife Trust also posted a warning on Facebook advising dog walkers to be extra cautious.
It read: “Dog owners: we have had a report of a dog dying after eating a dead fish washed up on Cley beach yesterday.”
Have you been affected by what’s happened?
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.