Renewed police appeal in 28-year-old murder case
- Credit: Supplied
The detective leading the investigation into the murder of a man in his own home almost 30 years ago has made a renewed appeal for information.
Last month the EDP, together with its sister papers across the county, unveiled a ground-breaking new bid to catch major criminals walking free on Norfolk streets.
As part of Norfolk Unsolved the EDP, in partnership with Norfolk police, will take a renewed look at some of the county's most serious unsolved cases in a bid to try to bring justice, and ultimately closure, to those families who have lost loved ones – murdered, attacked or taken from them in the most horrific of circumstances.
The campaign launched with the case of Peter Miller, a 24-year-old man whose body was discovered by his brother, Tony, in the kitchen of his home in Camden Place, Yarmouth, on December 9, 1984.
As part of the launch we revealed crucial new details in the case, including the discovery of a weapon in the town almost 30 years after the crime.
You may also want to watch:
The campaign, which has also been featured on our websites and our Mustard TV operation, has generated significant interest with detectives in the case delighted with the response so far.
Det Insp Gary Bloomfield, senior investigating officer with the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team (MIT), said: 'Officers continue to follow new lines of inquiry regarding a person of interest which was highlighted following the initial media appeal. It is hoped that information established through these investigations will help to take the case forward.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
'I would continue to appeal to the residents of Yarmouth to contact us if they know anything which they think could help us.'
Anyone with information should call 101.