Registration opens for football league which helps men lose weight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Registration is now open for a football league which aims to help men lose weight.
Man V Fat Football combines the beautiful game with dietary and lifestyle advice over a 14-week period in Norwich. The first season, which recently finished, saw a group of 60 men lose a combined 370kg. Organisers say one man lost 32.5kg in 14 weeks.
Registration for the second season opens on Friday, June 1 at 7pm to 9pm at Carrow Park.
The six-a-side matches take place at Open Academy on Friday nights from 7pm to 9pm, starting June 9.
Players are weighed before taking part in the 30-minute games. They can earn extra goal bonuses for their team depending on the number of pounds lost. The final result of each match consists of the score on the pitch and the score from the scales.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email Gillian.Wood@canaries.co.uk
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation