Registration opens for football league which helps men lose weight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Registration is now open for a football league which aims to help men lose weight.
Man V Fat Football combines the beautiful game with dietary and lifestyle advice over a 14-week period in Norwich. The first season, which recently finished, saw a group of 60 men lose a combined 370kg. Organisers say one man lost 32.5kg in 14 weeks.
Registration for the second season opens on Friday, June 1 at 7pm to 9pm at Carrow Park.
The six-a-side matches take place at Open Academy on Friday nights from 7pm to 9pm, starting June 9.
Players are weighed before taking part in the 30-minute games. They can earn extra goal bonuses for their team depending on the number of pounds lost. The final result of each match consists of the score on the pitch and the score from the scales.
For more information email Gillian.Wood@canaries.co.uk
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm